In this 21st century, affiliate marketing is one of the powerful form of generating online revenue. One of the reason is its has;e–free nature, where you can get started in minutes from now without the need to create your own products.
Though affiliate marketing is quite a good business channel, it heavily relies on promoting the affiliate links. Sp, how do you do it?
Well, here are some of the best-proven tactics to answer that:
Your Own Opt-In List
This would obviously be the quickest way to start. However, you might consider some of the folloing ideas to maximize the response and results you wouldn’t otherwise get if you never applied them.
- It’s always a good tactic to provide some kind of time-sensitive bonuses to entice your list to buy through your affiliate link. It has always work and it’ll continue to work.
- also do at least 3 follow-up mailings as statistics have proven that you will get the most sales from your 2nd and 3rd mailings.
what if you don’t have your own list to begin with?
Don’t worry, for websites especially ordPress websites, you have several plugins to choose from, to help you collect yur audience email addresses, through popup optin subscription forms.
Alternatively, this other option might help you get a subscription list up quicker.
Using other People’s list
And its through ezine advertising, particularly with solo ads.
As in all kinds of advertising, what you want to do besides advertising the affiliate program is also to build your own list. A simple way to do this while promoting the affiliate program is by using a catchy one-two sentence signature file after your name.
Think of Google/FaceBook Ads, that show up on target audience qualified for such shown affiliate products – even if they don’t buy after visiting your site, they might join your opt-in for regular updates on the latest availed products.
Google Ads, FaceBook Ads etc.
The paid per click advertisements can be relied on to promote any affiliate program.
Without going into boring details, you can still advertise affiliate programs by using landing pages customized to the affiliate program you’re promoting.
This is one tactic you got to get started on because it works.
The key to successful article writing is to provide real information and tips. Make sure it doesn’t sound like an outright sales pitch. Any recommendations you make should be added value to the article. The recommendation should not be its main purpose.
Leverage On Your Existing Web Pages
There’re 3 main ways to go about doing this.
- One is to simply promote your affiliate programs on highly trafficked and relevant pages of your website. Check your website statistics to see which pages visitors view the most. These are great target areas for your promotions, especially if they are relevant to the affiliate product in question.
- Two, recommend affiliate products on your thank you pages. After a visitor has made a purchase from you or sign up for your ezine, all you’ve to do is add in a short recommendation of an affiliate product prominently on the thank you page.
- Third, use your custom error (404) pages as affiliate marketing tools. This is the page that shows up when visitors enter a wrong URL or extension, there’s no point in wasting this space so why not use it to promote an affiliate product?
Capture Exit Traffic On Demand
You can quickly make extra affiliate sales just by using an exit window or pop up window to promote your affiliate programs.
While there’re popup killers out there, you’ll be surprised just how many percent of people actually install them
Fact is, pop ups, especially exit pop ups still produce good results. Stick with one tasteful pop-up targeted to your visitors and you’ll see great results.
Other Quick And Simple Tips
Recommend affiliate products in your ‘thank you emails’.
This is a no-brainer, whether you’re saying thanks for joining your ezine or for buying a product, always give your email recipients an affiliate recommendation for a targeted product you’ve personally found useful.
You can also create autoresponder courses on topics related to the affiliate program you’re promoting as a form of follow-up preselling.