What is Jelastic
Jelastic is a simple platform for cloud applications management.
Simply put: Jelastic primarily helps developers with different applications under various cloud vendors to easily bring everything together for deployment, management, and scaling automation.
By the way, If you are a hosting provider, you can offer Jelastic services on your own infrastructure – similar to what Plesk offers for the web control panels.
Its competitors include Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Some of the Flexible Jelastic tools favorable for anything service related
Given that it is a cloud services platform; there are tons of tools that Jelastic offers for developers and other users too. Some of the primary tools include the following:
PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) – Jelastic eliminates the complexity of building up your own infrastructure for app development. It provides lightweight, yet highly scalable application servers for hosting projects done with Docker, Kubernetes, PHP, Java, Ruby, Node.js. Additionally, there are numerous and optimization tools for each with options to integrate with numerous other multiple operating environments.
Container Orchestration – App container orchestration supported, including multi-tenant Containers for Docker, Kubernetes. Projects can be stored in a standalone container or scalable server clustering system. (creating clustering is not complex anymore – when using Jelastic). You can have multiple app servers, database replicas, and load balancers (guaranteeing uptime for your application )
Data Storage Container – comes in either of these 2 types of nodes. Shared storage and Dedicated storage (for more complex applications, flexible management including controlled access by making some files private and others public. Also, you can store data apart, for different projects )
For complex management tasks, there’s an option to work with a third-party tool. These connections are available via SSH for both web or local SSH Client
Monitor and Logs – You can also track RAM, IO, Network and Storage usage, etc. Get alert notifications; especially when nearing load limits. This helps you make adjustments to cater to any additional traffic or allocate more resources to an app.
Features of Jelastic
- The Pay-as-you-use pricing model means that you only pay for used resources and not maximum limits imposed (most hosts charge you way more for underutilized resources)
- Comes with its built-in SSL certificates, and also you can upload your custom certificates.
- The User Interface and the control panel is straightforward and it’s very easy to move your applications to the cloud (with just a few clicks)
- The Ability to set up limitation rules, that automate scaling up or down for your applications and websites makes Jelastic unique. For instance, if there’s an expected influx of site traffic, it’s much easier to scale up without any special skills required. This helps your application get the resources it needs and also makes it fast-loading
- Automating the cloning or replication of app servers and databases
- SSH Access
- Great support from the technical team as well as a simple documentation help guide
Though Jelastic is commonly used by large businesses and enterprises developers, this doesn’t mean that simple tech-able people cannot. Anyone including simple web designers can use it too.
Jelastic may not be fully perfect, but then it is constantly being upgraded and getting notable fixes, and as time evolves, it gets better.